Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

It must be the SHOES

Wow... where do we begin... well, of course... we must begin with the SHOES!  For those of you who know me well, you all know my big weakness in life - shoes!  So, I should have expected nothing less than to love even more little shoes for my little precious Philip!  And I do... Philip got his first pair of shoes today... and not just any shoes - these are his very own GOLF shoes! They even have spike like bottoms (made out of baby snaps) and he hasn't taken them off much except to bathe and sleep! Our dear friend Fran Hargarten gave them to Philip as a gift on the golf weekend bash with all of Phil's Atlanta and Dallas friends "The Georgia Cup."  Philip wanted to go so bad and break in his new shoes... but then again we all agreed he is just a little too young for late nights with the boys smoking cigars. It was still very exciting though for Philip as he got to meet all of his daddy's best friends... from Wood, Fran, Terrific Tom, and Doug, to Rooker, Brucker, Brooks, Levell, and many more.  As the men all put on their golf shoes... of course, so did Philip!  
me and Fran
me, my daddy and Doug 
me, my daddy and Terrific Tom
me, my daddy and Wood
me, my daddy, Wood and Brucker... are yall going to let me play golf with you or what?!

The next weekend however, we had another big exciting night as Philip got to meet his Uncle Ben and Aunt Carol Lee for the first time.  As most of you know, Phil is the oldest of six siblings and Ben is his brother who is just 21 months younger. Ben and gorgeous Carol Lee live in sunny San Diego so this was a real treat for them to come to the east coast.  They were in town for a wedding in Charlotte, so we drove up to meet them and had dinner at the Palm (only the finest for little Philip of course).  The night was perfect - Ben ended up somehow talking the kitchen into re-opening just to serve the 4 of us at 10:30pm and we ended up closing the restaurant down at 12:30am.  You should have seen the waiters faces when we brought a 3 month in to dinner that late... it's just a good thing they didn't call defax on us! Philip was so excited though to meet his aunt and uncle that he stayed up until 1am with nothing but smiles and sat in his uncle Ben's lap throughout dinner while we ate.  Then to go with his new golf shoes of course... they brought Philip a brand new baby 2008 US Open Torrey Pines onsie for as Ben called him, "my boy." What a great time had by all... Ben and Carol, we love ya'll so much and can't wait for our next trip out to San Diego!  
Me and my uncle Ben and aunt Carol Lee... now let's talk... when can ya'll get me out on Torrey Pines?!

August 3... what another great day!  It is always a great day every year as it is my dad's birthday - Happy Birthday Papa Doc, we love you so very much!  The day started out with a wonderful Sunday morning at church with our favorite guest pastor... Steve Brown.  Philip was of course still tired from his late night out with his aunt and uncle and so he slept through the whole service... but its okay - we got the cd for him so he can listen to it when he is awake!  Then we went swimming with Papa Doc and got to see Mimi and Daddy Buck who brought my dad his birthday cake... chocolate pound cake with chocolate icing.  After swimming and playing, we went to dinner with my family to celebrate Papa Doc's birthday at the Atlanta Athletic Club.  Philip got to ride in the golf cart and show off his new shoes with his Papa Doc for the first time at the club.  Papa Doc had gotten a hole-in-one yesterday for the first time... and Philip was begging him to teach him how to do it! So, he of course cried to his Papa Doc when we were getting him out of the cart as he wanted to put at least 9 holes in. Afterall, he was all ready with his shoes on and everything - but what can we say it was time for dinner in the fancy private wine room... we couldn't be late!  
Me and my daddy at church
Me and my Papa Doc on his birthday after a little afternoon swim
Papa Doc... the swim was fun and all- but where is that cake you keep telling me about?!
Hi Daddy Buck... my forever sidekick - I love you!
Alright Mimi and Daddy Buck... don't hold out... where is that chocolate cake?!
The shoes... I am ready to play 9!
Dinner at the Atlanta Athletic Club... Philip is patiently awaiting the golf cart ride
Mom... enough with the picture taking - me and my Papa Doc are ready to go get in one of those carts!
I am all ready - can I please play at least 9 before dinner?!
Private wine rooms... now this is what I am talking about!
Happy Birthday Papa Doc!
Papa Doc... are you going to open all those presents or can I do it?!
I am pooped... mommy, when can I play golf again?!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Steph,
The golf shoes are absolutely precious!!! I think Phillip is going to have to like playing golf, whether he likes it or not, HA!