Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Goodnight Moon

On, August 27, Philip's 4 month birthday... he moved into his crib for his first night of sleep as a big boy in his own room.  And for those of you who have been to our house - you know that Philip's nursery is directly across from our room; so he literally moved only about 10 feet into his crib in his room from the bassinet in our room. But what can I say... it was still an emotional night by all - Phil and I were both crying after I rocked him to sleep reading "Goodnight Moon" and then singing our forever favorite song, "Jesus loves me."  My little boy is growing up! 

Philip's Noah's Ark Nursery 
(hit the "x" in top right corner to view slideshow if it doesn't start automatically)

And to end Philip's 4 month birthday... he even decided to roll over all by himself for the first time (from his tummy to his back and then back to his tummy which is a big milestone for little ones). However, after he rolled over twice in a row on his rainforest playmat, he definitely got upset as he wasn't sure what had just happened. And for those of you who have children, you will probably relate to the fact that by the time I was able to run and get my camera to kodak this unforgettable moment, he was screaming his little head off. But what can I say... I am so proud of my little boy - words can't even describe it. I love you Philip!
Ready... set... go... Roll over
What in the world just happened...
Will someone please get this dang monkey out of my face... I am in the middle of a crisis here!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

YEAH!!! Such exciting news that Phillip rolled over and even better that he has graduated to his crib. Believe me, you will sleep a lot better with him in his room. It may take a little while but it will happen, I promise!

Love the nursery, you did such a great job.