Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

God Bless Texas

After 3 1/2 months of eagerly waiting... Philip finally went on his first trip to Big D! He was a little nervous about the plane ride as we waited in the airport but once we were on the plane... he did perfect!  He never made a sound, ate as we took off and landed to pop his precious little ears and slept both ways.  What can I say... he is the "wonderboy" as his great-grandfather Daddy Buck calls him. When we arrived in Dallas, he got to meet his uncle Danny and aunt Meg (and last but not least his newest baby cousin in the making, Hunter James Johnson, who is 29 weeks old in his mommy Meg's belly) for the first time. His uncle Danny even exclaimed upon meeting his first nephew that "Philip was just absolutely PERFECT!!" What we can say - another little Brosseau boy... how could he not be perfect?! Philip was so excited that he wanted a photo op immediately with his Brosseau aunts and uncles and so they pulled out his big Red Bulldog (a gift from his uncle Boone and aunt Avri) and laughed away!  As we always say... you can take the boy out of Georgia but you can't take the bulldog out of the boy! Then we went and Philip had his first taste of Tex-Mex, a Brosseau staple, at Manny's and Mi Cocina (and yes, we really did eat Mexican twice in just two days)! We also got to celebrate Mimi's birthday, August 13, and Philip of course loved snuggling with his Mimi and his Grande the most out of the whole trip! Happy Birthday Mimi... we love you so much!! Philip also got to meet lots of his Mimi and Grande's friends and family on Saturday and Sunday and he even still managed to get in his first deer hunt with his uncle Boone - although he did get a little upset at the end when he thought that they might have killed his good friend Bambi!  Then on Sunday after we ate at Mi Cocina... we took Philip to meet his new friend... Stephen Head III. Scott, Stephen's dad and Phil have been friends for years and as most of you know... Scott is as much of a UT fan as Phil is a UGA fan!  So they love to get under each other's skin about football... and now both having boys born just 2 weeks apart and both little boys being the III's - one things for sure... we have the newest biggest bulldog and longhorn fans of the future! I can already hear the trash talk beginning! What a great trip... Philip will always remember his first trip to Texas... afterall how can anyone forget a visit to God's Country?!
Mommy, don't let go of me... I am not so sure about this flying thing!
Welcome to Big D... daddy, are you really making me get a picture with the pilot?! This is so embarassing!
Happy Birthday Mimi... I love you!
Grande... please don't let me go... I am not so sure about my silly aunts and uncles
What is going on... yall are so crazy?!
Hey aunt Meg... when do I get to meet my new cousin Hunter... I am ready to play now!
Mommy, here is one good look for the camera... now make sure you get my bulldog in the picture!
Gooooooooo Georgia Bulldogs!
Just chillin with my uncle Sam
I love you too Danny Bear
Hey Dad and aunt Meg... is it time for Mexican food... I'm starving?!
Are we cute or what?!
Now we're talking... I love relaxing with my Mimi and uncle Boone
I love my aunt Meg
Go Dawgs - #1 in the Nation!
Like they say... you can take me out of Georgia, but you can't take the bulldog out of me!
me and my uncle Danny eating my first taste of Mexican food together
Eating mexican with my Mimi and Grande
Grande, I love you so much... can we stay like this forever just the two of us!
I know... you don't have to tell me... I am too precious for words!
Fast asleep in my Mimi's cradle... (and they tell me that even my uncle Sam slept in this cradle as a baby too - what can I say, it must mean that all the cool little boys get to sleep in this cradle)
Come on now... don't hold out on me - let's see some Olympics!
Now this is the life!
Hey look at me... I got to go on my first deer hunt at just 14 weeks old!  I am already a pro!
Do me and my uncle Boone look adorable in our camo or what?!
Uncle Boone... please tell me we didn't kill Bambi!
And here we are eating mexican food for the second time in just two days... gotta love Texas!
Here I am with my great-uncle Tom, my Grande, and of course my daddy... we are some good looking Brosseau Boys for sure!
My Mimi's best friend Sue feeding me my bottle - keep it coming Sue... I don't want to stop until every drop is gone!
My daddy's best friend Doug... now let's talk about those dawgs!
Here I am with Doug and Sarah just chillin... she also has a sweet baby in her belly - I cant wait to play at Christmas!
Me and my uncle Boone... is this the life or what?!
Here I am with my daddy's best friend Scott, his son Stephen III and my daddy
Come on Stephen, let's go play and leave these silly daddy's to themselves!
Future Longhorn and Bulldog Tailgaters!
Asleep on the plane on the way home...
I rock!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So cute! I love all the pictures. Phillip is getting so big!!! I am glad you guys had a great time in Texas, I am jealous you got to eat at Mi Cocina, I LOVE that place :)