Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Wow... where do I begin... this was such a big weekend... filled with lots of first's and excitement for Philip.  It all started on July 3, Philip, Gigi and I went to Grandmommie and Granddaddies' house to celebrate Grandmommie's b-day.  It was his first time to their log cabin and what a fun adventure it was.  He felt so comfortable there that he just fell right asleep in his Granddaddie's arms. We are so blessed as our Grandmommie and Granddaddy are the sweetest and loving grandparents and great-grandparents that a kid could ever dream of having... we love you so much! Then, that night we celebrated as our new family of three in honor of daddy as Phil closed his first deal at Fairfield!  Way to go sweetie - we are so very proud of you!!!  The 4th of July started out with fun in the sun at the McNeels where Philip and Harry, Philip's best friend, got to play all day long out by the pool and then took naps together. Let me go back by saying Harry is Steven and Mollie's precious little boy who is just 2 1/2 months older than Philip.  Phil and Steven were college roommates and somehow survived living with each other and are still the best of friends and Mollie and I met in college through the guys and have been the best of friends ever since.  So of course... our little boys are going to be best friends too - we declared that with them in the womb so lets be honest... they really don't have a choice at this point.  Plus Mollie and I are having playdates once a week so the boys will pretty much be almost like brothers whether they like it or not.  The day of fun at the McNeels was a blast as always and we then headed over to the Atlanta Athletic Club for some BBQ and fireworks.  AAC has a huge party for the 4th with tons of kiddie rides, music, ice-cream, and of course pony rides!  Philip was so excited about the horses that we just had to let him ride too... I mean afterall - he does have that TEXAS blood in him.  So there he was at just 8 weeks old and already dreaming of being a cowboy as he saddled up for his first ride on a horse... he was just precious.  Then as the night grew dark, the fireworks started and Philip absolutely LOVED them!  I was worried that they might be too loud and hurt his little ears... but then again, who am I kidding, with Phil as his dad... loudness is one thing Philip is used to for sure. He loved the bright colors and watched them with his big brown eyes in awe... all we can hope is that next year he isn't trying to shoot off his own fireworks!
Me and my Grandmommie and Granddaddy - Happy Birthday Grandmommie!

Philip and Harry (best friends) meet for the first time (Philip is 4 days old).
Harry, let's see who can get their whole fist in their mouth first... ready, set, GO!
Mom, I promise we weren't jumping on the bed!
Me and my daddy's best friend Harley Hog
Happy 4th of July
Are we good looking or what?!
Hurry up with the picture taking... I want to go ride those horses!
Okay... now don't let me fall mommy!
Hey daddy... look at me... I am riding a horse!
I'm a natural... looks like I am going to be a cowboy when I grow up!
Daddy, we are texans for sure!
Cousin Beau... don't drop me now... I have a golf game in the morning with my Papa Doc!
Gigi, my ears are okay... I don't really need a hat to tune out the noise- my daddy is usually louder than these fireworks!
God Bless America
Let's see it again!


Friends Forever
Life is all about spending time with the ones we love... Philip is so blessed to already have so many little friends his age!
Philip and Alli Buckler
Philip and Harry McNeel
Philip and Alli & Elizabeth (Boots) Buckler... his precious cousins
Philip and Jackson Cox
Philip and Ansley Mautz
Philip and Will Jackson
Philip and Addison Wilson


Philip and Big Daddy
Philip met his first celebrity at just 7 days old... Chris Young, also known as "Big Daddy," who is 6'11 and pitches in the Major League for the San Diego Padres. It was a BIG day for sure!
Mommy... do you think these guys make me look too small?!

2 comments:

The Bucklers said...

Am still loving the blog!! Great posts!! Keep 'em coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Philip