Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Makeup... not overrated!

Well yesterday was an interesting day for sure to put it mildly. As we were leaving the Y, Philip pointed at an older lady who was of course probably coming to work out and had no makeup on and was not your high school prom queen if you get my gist. He out of the blue points right to her face as we pass by and starts screaming... "Scarecrow... so scary! Scarecrow... so scary!" He literally kept screaming it and I of course as any mommy would be was absolutely MORTIFIED! I just kept walking faster but he just kept screaming it no matter how hard I tried to bribe him to stop. When I told Phil, he was like "Steph, you have to control him better... that is so awful." Needless to say daddy didn't quite understand how when I told him to stop... he just got louder and louder. So then last night Phil took Philip to the grocery store as we were out of milk for our morning cereal. When they got home, Phil had a shocked look on his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that lets just say he got a taste of his own medicine! While they were checking out at Harris Teeter, Philip turned to the man standing directly behind them, who Phil said had a beard, was wearing a red shirt and was a little overweight... and Philip pointed right at him and started screaming... "I see Christmas... I see Christmas... I see Christmas... its Santa Claus!" Phil said that it was so awful as they were waiting to pay and could not just run out of the store and the more Phil tried to get Philip to stop the louder he got. Well what can I say... after Philip went to bed last night... mommy and daddy poured big glasses of wine. Cheers to kids saying the darnedest things... I guess you just gotta laugh!

1 comment: