Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sealed with flowery KISSES

I have always loved the saying "God created mothers because he couldn't be everywhere at once." And now after having a little angel of my own... I truly believe it should say "God created grandmothers too because he couldn't be everywhere at once." We had the most wonderful weekend with Philip's Mimi and Grande who came in all the way from Texas to see us... well let's be honest... to see Philip. They are such wonderful grandparents and little Philip loved every minute of them being here. We had a great night on Friday just relaxing and hanging out together and on Saturday we went and walked around in the Virginia Highlands in the beautiful 75 degree weather after eating a yummy lunch at Murphys. This was followed by a fabulous dinner at J. Alexanders with Gigi and Papa Doc and ended with church on Sunday before they had to head home. Philip of course showed them all his latest tricks... from crawling, pulling up, and falling (which he does so very often these days) to swinging and walking with his fire red racecar. They were of course the proudest grandparents on earth and loved all his sweet kisses. Philip's Mimi introduced him to eating broccoli which he actually loved and taught him to spit his food and make bubbles... afterall what else are grandparents for?! Mimi also loved rocking Philip to sleep each night and Philip loved showing her his new favorite bedtime routine of singing along while he is being rocked. Phil claims he is tone deaf like someone else we know (I am not going to mention any names... me) but as far as I am concerned it sounds like sweet little nothings in your ear and is the most precious sound you can ever imagine... Philip is truly a blessing from above and is so blessed to have such amazing and loving grandparents. Thank heaven for GRANDPARENTS!
Me and my daddy and my Mimi and Grande... am I the luckiest little boy or what?!
I love my Mimi so much...
... isn't she so funny?!
How about letting me try those on Grande... they look just my size
Yeah... my Mimi and Grande are visiting and are spoiling me rotten... are you jealous?
My new favorite veggie... broccoli!
This stuff is so fun to eat... it looks kind of like a cigar sticking out of my mouth. Do you think it makes me look older... I do.
Want some... it sure is good?
Giving my Mimi my special kisses... and mommy can you please get a new camera that works? These are kodak moments here!
Just chillin with my Grande at Murphys
They told me patience is a virtue... but are we ever going to eat or what?
Do ya'll think this makes me look taller or what?! Thought so!
Hey don't forget about me up here... I sure hope they don't get stuck like that
And I really hope my daddy doesn't drop me... afterall these sidewalks have lots of cracks in them
Daddy... move it on over... I got the keys and I am ready to drive us to church
This driving stuff is so easy and so much fun... who put that age limit of 16 on driving anyway? Should be 16 months if you ask me!
I love being silly with my Mimi and Grande
... and I love even more having such loving grandparents like them!

No comments: