Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Well lets just start off by saying I am pretty sure Philip III is going to be a lady's man not to mention have way more game than his daddy ever did. We all remember his love affair with 2yr old Ellie in school last year. It all started with her (which his teachers still to this day call the hottest 2yr old romance they had ever seen)... and how he used to get his friends to switch places with him in line so he could stand next to her and secretly hold her hand, and how he always had to sit next to her while they ate lunch, and not to forget the infamous moment when he screamed at the top of his lungs how he wanted to "show Ellie his woody" in front of every parent in the church school. Well, somehow we survived that and didnt get blacklisted from school (praise the lord) but we have now moved onto a new chapter in Philip's love life. He is in Animal camp this week at the Charlotte Nature Museum which he absolutely LOVES. When I went to pick him up the first day at camp, his teachers said he did great however they did have one little concern. They pointed to the cutest little bleach blond 3yr old and asked me if we knew "Kate" or were good friends with her family. I of course said no that I had never met Kate or her family but I was sure they were wonderful people, why do you ask? Well the counselor responded, we couldn't get Philip to stop kissing Kate. The counselors asked if we could please talk to Philip about not kissing Kate (apparently they get concerned about germs or something like that) and I of course said sure. So we got in the car and Philip immediately started telling me all about his love affair with Kate and how Kate was his girlfriend and how she really liked all his kisses. I explained to him that showing our love is a wonderful thing however we have to be careful with our friends (and friends we don't even know (aka Kate)) and that instead of kissing Kate he needed to use his words instead and that he could save all those kisses for mommy (of course right, as I know there will come a day when I don't get those anymore so no need to give those away just yet... I mean afterall he is only THREE!!). He of course responded with that he would kiss me but he wanted to kiss Kate too... so lets just say when Phil got home from work he had his work cut out for him. He took Philip to get chocolate ice cream, his favorite, (bribery... always works) and explained that he couldn't kiss Kate but when he gets older he should kiss as many girls as possible! Philip agreed as he licked his ice cream cone (again bribery... works everytime). Then when Phil told me about his lecture I of course was mortified. I mean really, to all you mommy's out there... Can you believe he told him to kiss as many girls as possible?! He's THREE and already getting in trouble with kissing girls... what, are we trying to raise a man slut?!! Can't wait for the letters from the teachers we are going to get sent home when he's 15 and really hits puberty!! But at that point there was nothing more to do but wait. So then this morning when I took Philip to camp to drop him off, I met Kate's mommy. She and I laughed as she explained that the love affair was definitely mutual and how Kate had talked nonstop about Philip and even suggested to her mommy that she really thought it was best if she just changed her little brother, Bryce's, name to Philip too. Apparently little miss Kate loved every minute of the attention and kisses from Philip like he had said. Kids are really too funny at this age and at least Phil's lecture worked b/c today when I picked Philip up from camp, he immediately got into the car and said, "mommy, I didnt kiss Kate today!" Hilarious and what a day... but still cannot believe that I am already having to address PDA with our THREE year old!

No comments: