Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One + One DOESN'T = TWO

With kids that is... Phil was so sweet and took care of the two boys SOLO this past weekend for me so I could fly to DC and celebrate Katy McGee, my best friend from high schools, birthday! Yay for mommy... it was so fun and I had an absolute blast with Katy and all her sweet friends! Now if I can just get my girl to move SOUTH we would all be much better off! I miss HER too much for her to live there although I must say it is such a COOL city!! We danced the night away on the rooftop bar of The Public at our VIP table overlooking DC... now what can I say, it just doesnt get much cooler than that?!! I had prepared for my leave very well with stocking the fridge cribs style, typing out the boys schedule by the minute, labeling Parkers meals each day with very detailed instructions and of course leaving some fun football watching treats for my hubby! However, after the one hundredth text message, pictures of Philip's explosive dirty diaper leaking out the top and bottom and the millionth voice mail from Phil begging me to come home... I simply responded with ONE + ONE DOESN'T = TWO!! So long story short... I did finally come home after being gone not even 48 hours and my sweet husband said, "Please please please NEVER leave me again - taking care of these boys is HARD WORK!!" I loved it... our men need to see what its like the day in and day out of dirty diapers, cries of teething or skinned knees, mushed up squash baby food being thrown in your face and peanut butter and jelly all over the coffee table!! It was so good for him and needless to say ladies,,, he sure does seem to appreciate me a whole lot more after this weekend!! And the best part - the boys SURVIVED, well except for that black eye that Philip was sporting when I got home!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so GLAD you got a break away from the kids. We love our kids, but I think it is very good for us mommies to get the break that we need. It makes us better mom's to our children. And so glad Phil survived with the kiddos. Sometimes they just need a weekend with the kids to realize they can do it too and YES, it is exhausting, and a non-stop job but rewarding at the same time....