Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Fifth Anniversary to us!

Wow... I cannot believe it has already been five years! Who would have ever thought that that obnoxious guy who sat at the end of the row in my UGA marketing class would one day be the man I call my lover, best friend, husband and the father of my children?! I am so blessed to have you in my life and can't imagine what my life would be like without you... well, maybe more SIMPLE... but definitely not more FUN! :o)  
I LOVE...

 * that you are the first person I want to see in the morning and the last person I want to see before I fall asleep.

 * that you can always make me laugh even in the worst of times.

 * that you like to live life flying by the seat of your pants and I am the biggest planner I know and yet somehow we fit perfectly together.

 * that you are more messy than our one year old... and that now I can truly say I have two children! 

 * that just when we seem to get settled into a place we call home, you seem to want to move yet again (I still cannot believe we have moved 5 times in just 5 years... can't wait to see what the next 5 years brings us... hopefully just not 5 more moves)!

 * that you value family as much as I do and want a big family of our own someday.

 * that you are so loud that I always know when you are home or when you leave (though I like the you coming home part the best).

 * that you love ice cream as much as I do... (afterall who says it shouldn't be a staple to a heathy diet?!)

 * that you make my life chaotic and out of control.

 * that you love the Lord and are an amazing man of God who leads our family spiritually everyday!

 * that we always have so much FUN together!

 * that you can still love me even when I haven't showered in a few days and just want to wear my pjs all day long.

 * that you still hold my hand, open car doors for me, stand up at a dinner table when I get up or sit down, and always kiss me goodnight!

 * that even when I get upset with you... you somehow find a way to make me smile... it is just so hard to stay mad at you!
 
* that after 5 years of marriage, you still find the time to write me sweet love letters (who knew that the romantic nickname "Phil Flowers" was so fitting?!)

 * that everything you do, you do to the nth degree (I mean afterall... you did almost break the guiness book of world records for having the most groomsmen in our wedding).

 * that you love Georgia football as much as I do and bleed red and black!

 * that in our opinion, we still hold the record for the best Grooms Cake ever (I mean... do you know anyone else that had real cut hedges from Sanford Stadium lining their groomscake?, I don't)!
 * that you trust me and I trust you without question.

 * that you love to vacation at the beach as much as I do... St. Simons, here we come.

 * that you have given me a precious son whom everyday I watch grow more and more into the image of you (I mean afterall... who knew God could create someone actually louder than you, right... but he did?!)

 * that I cannot get through an hour of the day without thinking of you.

 * that you miss me and I miss you when we are apart for even a day.

 * that you believe in me and I believe in you with all our heart.

 * that I am yours and you are mine always!

 * that you have a passion for our Lord and together we create a Godly home for our family!!!

I love you more today than I did 5 years ago... my cup is truly overflowing! Happy Anniversary Babe!!!

Also, on June 12, 2009, my dear grandparents, Grandmommie and Granddaddy celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! It is so special to have the same anniversary with our amazing grandparents who we love so dearly... just 45 years apart! We had a fabulous party in their honor and there was great food, wedding cake and dancing of course! We love yall very much and look forward to carrying on your amazing tradition of someday celebrating 50 years on June 12th!

Grandmommie and Granddaddy
Philip busting out his moves on the dance floor
Me, my daddy and Philip
My dad dancing with his mom, Mimi
My brother Blake and I dancing the night away.... thats that Buckler gene in us for sure
Grandmommie dancing with Philip
And Gigi dancing with Philip... is he loved or what?!
My cousin Everett breaking it down on the dance floor (can you believe his moves for only a 7 year old... awesome)!
Three of my favorite people in the world... Grandmommie dancing with my two boys
I love you Grandmommie and I am so proud to be your granddaughter... you are an inspiration to us all!

3 comments:

Hillary Kouba said...

What a sweet entry! Congratulations to 5 years! I'm so glad that Phil found such a special girl!
Hopefully you are settling into your new home...you are braver than me to move so much!

Kelly and Brent said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you are enjoying Charlotte. I know Jen is so excited to have you there. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary Steph and Phil!!! Can't believe it has been five years since we were celebrating your big day. And boy do I remember that groomscake, it was unbelievable.

Congrats!!! Hope you had a great time at the beach and we definitely need to get together soon :)