Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Yes, I'm going to my p-o-t-t-y, p-o-t-t-y now..

Well those are the words of the potty song and I have heard them over and over and over again about a thousand times and am ready to jump out of a window! We are potty training at the Brosseau house! Since Philip turned 3 last week, we told him that now that he is 3, he is a big boy and big boys go on the potty. We got toy story and thomas big boy underwear, threw away all our old "baby diapers" (so he thinks... Parker will need them someday), bought cool stickers and made our toy story potty chart hanging on the frig, got all our favorite juice boxes and chocolate milk, a potty watch to help us remember to try to go, and lots of special treats (m&ms and toy story toys in a treasure chest) for our successes! So far we have watched the potty dvd a million times, read books, colored all on the potty and have had no success... 1 Day in and I'm not feeling so great about this... I mean he will get this right?! We had two pee pee accidents, poopied on the backyard sidewalk (where he cheered and said, "look mommy, I poopied like Herschel"), I even went potty in his little potty to show him how (lets just say those little things were NOT made for adults clearly), and we finally pulled out all stops when daddy got home and put Philip on the potty with the kitchen sink water running and had him put his hand in warm water all while sitting and still nothing! Lets just hope he's not wearing pull ups in the 10th grade...
Potty Training Day 1: Philip and Jessie and lots of Juice Boxes
Philip and Jessie trying to "go on the big potty"
Parker getting excited about the potty
Philip's Sticker Potty Chart... Day 1 and still no stickers :o(
And finally pulling out all stops... the sound of the kitchen faucet water running and Philip with his hand in warm water... still no potty

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are definitely in full potty training mode. I hate to laugh at this post but it brings back all the potty training we did with Ansley. Is is so trying on us parents, I think more so then for our little ones. Email me! I have a 3-day method with complete instructions. It has worked for so many of my friends, including my sister with both kids.

Phil, Steph, Philip, and Parker said...

Hey Jen, thanks - we are definitely having a better day today. We are using the 3 day potty training by Lora Jensen but day 1 was a nightmare. Day 2 is a dream and now we are on day 3 (and this Lora lady is a genius - dont know her but LOVE her) - and he has it down! He is going to school tomorrow and I just hope he does as well for his teachers as he does at home. He goes by himself - pulls down his own underwear and everything - and on top of that he is LOVING it!! HE cheers "yes" everytime he goes. :o) Hopefully this sticks forever. We HAVE got to get together soon!! Miss you and love you lots!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

What were all of the big boy undies? What were the characters, colors, sizes, and if I can buy those undies, when can I buy them! Please Reply as email!