Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears... Oh My

This past week my sweet mom and I took the boys to the Atlanta ZOO for the first time ever!! It was so special for my mom and I since the Atlanta zoo was a place where my mom's dad, Papa Jim, took us so many times when we were young. I was so glad to see my boys loving it as much as I did. Parker was just the perfect baby like always riding along in the back of the stroller although we did get him out to ride the zoo train and to be fed of course. And Philip was obsessed with the animals... especially the LIONS! After every animal we saw, he would say "I see it mommy, but I want to see the lions." He literally did this for the entire 3 hours we were there until finally last but not least we saw the lions. Unfortunately by the time we got to them, they were of course sleeping. So Philip banged on the glass screaming "wake up lions wake up" for over 20 minutes which I am sure is totally against the rules... but then again what 2 year olds do you know that follow rules especially at the zoo. So at the end we bought Philip his own little lion to take home... what can I say but it looks like he is going to be following in his crazy dad's footsteps and be an SAE afterall!
Philip and his favorite... the Lions!
Mommy and Philip and the famous "Willie B"
Philip almost literally touching the sweet Panda bear
Mommy and Philip riding the carousel
Parker and Gigi just finishing a bottle off while riding on the zoo train
Wake up Lions, Wake up... Philip was literally in this position for 30 minutes... getting him to say goodbye to the lions was a meltdown waiting to happen
Bye Bye Zoo Atlanta

No comments: