Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Roomies!

For months we had been telling Philip and Parker that Parker was going to move into Philip's room into his own big boy bed when he turned two. We read books about big boy beds, bye bye crib and even played Parkers favorite game "night night" pretend in his big boy bed. So as you all know on February 15... our little Parkerman turned two! And as always, it seemed like everyone was ready for him to leave his crib behind except for me!! I kept telling Phil... there is really no rush, why dont we just leave him in his crib a few more months?! Afterall the boys sleep still like college kids who had bingers the night before somedays sleeping in on the weekends till 9:30/10am. So as I kept thinking... if it isn't broken, why try and fix it?! And selfishly I definitely didn't want to mess up what I got going. Obvi! Well that all worked fine until Philip started asking... "But mom, you said Parker could move to my room when he turned two... and he is now two." Oh the joy of having an observant and detail oriented 3 year old and still not sure where he learned this "But mom" thing... I mean what are these kids learning at school? Anyways, I digress... So I realized then that I needed to fold. I felt like Parker was ready and Philip was beyond ready and so... we took the leap! Parker is now sleeping in his very own twin "big boy bed" as he calls it and LOVES it even more than his crib (if that is even possible). The boys fall asleep giving each other kisses and after lots of giggles... they sleep longer than they did before. Its crazy... its like they have a comfort knowing they arent in there alone (yesterday they took a 4 hr nap and then rocked out another 12 hours that night). Not sure how we did but I feel like I won the lotto with sleep. Praise the Lord for not giving us more than we can handle bc I am pretty sure sleep deprivation is top of my list. But the boys together is truly the sweetest thing in the whole world. They are building lifelong memories together and there are nights when Phil and I just lay and watch and listen to them on the monitor because it is just so precious. So now not only are they brothers, wrestling partners, best friends (some of the time) but now they are ROOMIES too!! Night Night!



Boys fast asleep in their beds (still cant get over how little they both look in these big boy beds)

No comments: