Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Child of the Day

Today Philip came home from school and was so excited to tell me that "he had a great day today because he was "child of the day" at school!" "Wow," I said, "what did you do to get picked as child of the day" thinking in my head how he must have been a star student or used his manners or something... Philip simply replied, "I did nothing... we all just get a day where we are child of the day." Too funny I thought... And so then I asked him "well what does the child of the day do?" But before I could even get the whole question out of my mouth he was already telling me how the "child of the day which he was today gets to be the line leader and feed the class fish." "Cool... Sounds like pretty big responsibilities to me" I said and he quickly agreed - haha! He was nonetheless very proud of himself and felt really special! Funny how my kids continue to remind me that its the simple things in life that make us feel special and bring us joy... like being the leader of the line or feeding a class fish... looks like even mommy learned something from the "child of the day!"
Philip Brosseau III (aka "Child of the Day")

No comments: