Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nanny 911

Well, this summer without preschool is already about to kill me!! I literally wanted to sell Philip today on eBay for the most embarassing melt down you can imagine during his mommy and me swim lesson! We were in the water about 3 and a half minutes total, he melted uncontrollably and started kicking and screaming. At first I thought well at least he is kicking... maybe he will be swimming before we know it. However, his hands started to instead of swim forward be like paddleboards flying at my face, shoulders and anything on me he could reach. He was knocking the crap out of me. And no not because he didn't want to swim but because he didn't want to stop playing the floating balls game that we played for the first 3 minutes of swim class. We were supposed to move onto singing twinkle twinkle while floating on our backs - but Philip didnt want to float and he sure as heck didnt want to sing about some dang stars... afterall, I guess "twinkle twinkle" is a little overrated! And so we exited swim class... such a nightmare. I guess this is why they call it the terrible TWO's!! And not to mention everyone in and around the pool was staring at us, saying under their breath like we all have before "can she please control that child," and I am sure thinking that we needed to be next on the list for the nanny 911 show! Oh... what a day! Well, guess he isn't ever going to learn how to swim and as far as I am concerned, he can go back to swim lessons when he is 30 and able to drive himself!!

But as they say, guess God does only give us what we can handle!! P
arker is being the perfect baby lately - he sleeps 13 hours a night (since he was 8 wks old). He smiles and laughs everytime he sees us and his little noises melt my heart day in and day out. He loves his new rainforest playmat and I can already tell he has rhythm as he loves to dance. He is just so chill... all the while little Philip is a wild man. He is truly Phil all over again as a toddler... he has never met a stranger, loves everyone, leaps on and off of furniture like he is superman... and has a laugh that is contagious! I really think he could go home with a stranger and never miss a beat... too bad there weren't any around at his swim lessons because I was taking offers!! But he has a heart of gold and is such a lover and he loves his little brother more than words can say! He wakes up and goes to sleep always just asking for "Carker." And of course both boys are real crowd pleasers as you can imagine... just like their daddy!!

So nanny 911... come to the rescue!!

No comments: